Visualisations as a basis for a discussion at the Big Picture EventRead More
Can Infographics be interactive?
Infographics are traditionally the short and straightforward mixture of texts and illustrations used to deliver data-driven information in a fun and engaging way – increasing the visibility of any text-form type of content. Marketers and communicators interested in advertising have seen the importance of using infographics to draw attention and deliver information. The effects of the success of infographics have been enforced by the increase in the number of viewers with an ever-reducing attention span.
Infographics can be divided into two (2) types:
- Static infographics: This is a static image in a long scroll viewing format. The texts and images on this type of infographic cannot move or show other data or information rather, viewers will have to scroll through the infographic to absorb all the information. They are perfect for a straightforward experience, sharing on websites and blogs, and extensive explanation of products or services.
- Motion infographics: Simply put this type of infographic moves. It can be animated to show images and texts morphing and moving to show other texts. Interactive infographics can be classified under motion infographics as instead of scrolling through the page like in static infographics, the users have a hands-on experience with it by clicking through and exploring the information in any way they choose.
Differences and similarities between the types of infographics can be read about here.
Interactive Infographics, are however more complex and are perfect for:
- Getting users to engage with the already synthesized content.
- Getting an in-depth view of the data and numbers generated on the research without losing track of the parent topic.
- Visualizing large amounts of data.
The question ‘can infographics be interactive?’, focuses on the needs of a particular business and its goals in relation to their approved marketing strategy. This is best answered with the benefits of interactive infographics.
- Seeing as visual content has become a very important aspect of marketing strategy, infographics can help increase brand awareness and visibility by requiring viewers to take an active part in the type of information they see.
- Engaging users: User engagement is the most important aspect of advertising. Whatever kind of advert put out for absorption is measured as either a success or a failure by the amount of traffic it brings. When a viewer is actively clicking on an interactive infographic, it ensures that the messages passed are retained for a longer period of time.
- As interactive infographics are still less popular than static ones, there is a growing buzz generated when they are shared and have therefore a greater chance of attracting publishers that want to share them.
- Infographics are Explaining a complex topic in a way that gives the total amount of information with a static infographic is not possible as it becomes riddled with a lot of text thereby defeating the point of creating an infographic. Interactive infographics can help delve into the complexities of a topic while giving the viewers these points in easily digestible ways.
- The various types of infographics, e. g map, timeline, etc, can be combined to form a complex interactive infographic that gives the viewer a full-fledged view of the research that took place along a period of time with the information generated by regions.
Infographics can be interactive when created in a way that requires the viewers to get actively participating with it. It also helps bring a more engaged and fulfilled traffic to a website which generates more sales and leads to profit.
As you can see, if Infographics are still a thing, going beyond them means going interactive. If you have large amounts of data and information but want to allow the user to interact with it, consider an interactive Infographic.
Get in touch with our team of Project Managers today. Tell us what complex topics you’re facing and we’ll take it from there on assessing the type of visualization you need, clearing out every question you may have and taking you through our process. No commitment whatsoever. We understand that if we don’t end up working together right now, you’ll already be in a more comfortable position to reach out in the future.