Cloud readiness explained with an InfographicRead More
Are Infographics still popular?
Dishing out information in a visually appealing manner has always held a growing amount of interest. According to the data trends on Google Trends, Infographics have been in use as early as 2004 but did not see a rise in its usage and popularity till 2010 and have not been left out since then. With this continuous increase in its use and the rise in social media usage, viewers and users of information have come across infographics whether we are interested in it or not.
The appeal of infographics is in its ability to share information using images and minimal texts, completely eradicating the need to read long pages of texts. Brand marketers, communicators, and businesses have found the ability to share images and texts a very easy way to increase their brand visibility and create more awareness for their products.
According to Forbes, infographics are growing and thriving in 2017 and beyond, nearly three-quarters of marketers rely on visuals in their social messaging. This is because we are visual creatures living in an over-stimulated world. Information users are attracted to what they see. This should also be fun and engaging as viewers can easily get bored with messages and move on. Businesses have also found infographics as an effective way to market their product as the numbers have shown that nearly 60% of businesses use it for sales and marketing purposes and 84% of the users have considered them effective.
So what makes them popular?
- Time conserving: One thing to note about the newer generation is that they do not want to spend a long time trying to arrive at a conclusion that can be reached in a few minutes. This is why infographics are a great choice for them as they can scan through the document quickly and absorb the relevant information and move on.
- Easy sharing: The one-click publishing tool feature allows images to be shared easily. With the rise in social media usage, infographics are easy to share among a wide range of viewers which is not necessarily possible when the information is in a total print form.
- Helps users solve problems: Paying attention to the fact that there are a lot of infographics on the internet which people do not need, the best types are the ones that help explain a concept or solve a problem. Users are more attracted to infographics that help them in solving a problem or showing them how to use a product.
- Helps in increasing website traffic: Businesses making use of infographics to increase their visibility and to encourage viewers in visiting their websites. Infographics are popular because, when relevant information is given, website links are clicked more often generating more traffic on a brand’s website.
- Flattering to a brand: Creating an infographic is not a child’s play. It entails going deeply into researching the subject matter, understanding it, and presenting it in a way that makes it easily understandable for newbies. The creator will be seen as someone with adequate knowledge of the topic and can be reached out to for help.
Infographics are still popular and still growing in popularity among countries in the world with production increasing by 1% every day, brand awareness increasing by 82% with creating an infographic, and the enhancement of visual data by 9900% since 2007. Create a relevant infographic with the right brand to support your brand in reaching its marketing goals.