Visualisations as a basis for a discussion at the Big Picture EventRead More
Are Infographics still effective?
Measuring how effective an advertising form is can be determined by how well it improves on the effects of using it and how it leads to the achievement of marketing goals and objectives. Studies show that visual content is the most successful type of media content right now. 90% of the information sent to the brain is visual and 93% of all human communication is also visual. This shows that humans are more stimulated by visual contents than texts. With the brain processing visuals 60,000 times faster than texts, we have an almost instantaneous understanding of visuals than texts.
Before 2010, infographics were not as popular which means that texts and prints had the floor but with the decline in reading habits, information users prefer their information to be dished out in short, fun, and engaging ways. By 2010, infographics began to see a rise in its usage with more people learning about it and it has more impact on marketing strategies. Pages with images or videos draw 94% more views than those with texts only. This is an increase because website landing pages used to be texts only but with the inclusion of images and texts, viewer conversion increased by 86%.
The numbers about the effectiveness of infographics do not lie as businesses and products have seen more increase in visibility and traffic with the inclusion of infographics and video contents as part of their marketing strategies. Facts that show the effectiveness of infographics include;
- Ease of sharing: Infographics are mostly created with the one-click sharing feature that makes it easy to share among different platforms and to a wider range of people than texts. This means that more people will view an infographic than a text-only article.
- Have more effect in B2B marketing tactics: Infographics saw a rise in its usage for B2B marketing from 2015 to 2016 with an increase of 50% to 58%. This means that using an infographic to market a brand’s services to other businesses creates more awareness for one’s brand.
- Aids users better than text-only directions: Explaining a process or product usage using text-only directions can be confusing to the users of this information but when using a text and image direction, users can understand the directions more easily.
- High-quality infographics are 30 times more likely to be read than text: Viewers are very stimulated by visuals and this has shown in the rise of video and image marketing so creating high-quality infographics appeal more to the viewers.
- A perfect way to grow traffic quickly: Infographics have been proven to grow traffic for publishers that make use of it 12% more than publishers that do not.
- A highly searched term on Google search engine: The words ‘Infographic’ and ‘Infographics’ have an average search of 547,000 times in a month.
- Increase reader attention span by 82%: Readers now have a shorter attention span which has dropped from 12 seconds to 8 seconds. Infographics help to increase this attention span by 82% which helps hold the reader’s attention until relevant information has been passed.
Infographics are still an effective way to attract and hold the target audience’s attention. Creating an infographic that portrays a brand in the right light can be done by consulting a company specializing in video marketing.
Get in touch with our team of Project Managers today. Tell us what complex topics you’re facing and we’ll take it from there, clearing out every question you may have and taking you through our process. No commitment whatsoever. We understand that if we don’t end up working together right now, you’ll already be in a more comfortable position to reach out in the future.