Commitment for more humanity – A project for the SRKRead More
What is Whiteboard Animation?
Storytelling is one of the earliest arts introduced to us from a very young age. At this age, where our imaginations are still running wild, we can paint pictures and add the details to every character we imagine, with the details of the story told to us. This simple act sparked our creativity and has fed it. According to Buffer, when we are being told a story, though, things change dramatically, according to researchers in Spain. Not only are the language processing parts in our brain activated, but any other area in our brain that we would use when experiencing the events of the story are too. Whiteboard animations make use of the facts above to stimulate and increase engagement between the ‘storyteller’ and the target audience.
What is Whiteboard Animation?
This is a type of animation in which the author or narrator tells a story while the images are drawn on a whiteboard. It can also be said to be the creation of hand-drawn images on a whiteboard which is, then, played to form a sequence of events that tell a story.
The process of making a whiteboard animation includes;
- Choosing a topic. In this case, the video to be created could be for a brand advertisement, product advertisement or marketing or any other services as desired by the organization.
- Writing the script for the video: Just as in any type of animation, writing the script tells the organization how quickly the advertisement will proceed. It is also used to draw attention to the particular reason the organization is choosing to make the video and how their product can solve whatever problems the target audience may have.
- Sourcing for the drawings: The required video will need specific or generic drawings as required by the organization and there are artists that cater to these needs. Drawings are the most essential items needed in a whiteboard animation video because some videos do not need to have a voice-over explaining what is happening during the video as texts can be used.
- Voice over: This is used to explain what is going on during the video as it progresses. A voice-over artist is hired to record the script written in a noise-free environment so that it can be embedded in the video as it is made.
- Animation: This is the actual process of piecing the entire video together. The drawings and the voice over are layered on each other in a way that forms a smooth and organized video.
With the process of producing a whiteboard animation video listed above, what benefits does an organization derive from a whiteboard animation video?
- Simplicity: Black pen on white background. Simple as that. The simplicity of a whiteboard animation video gives it a clean feel. Although some colors can be used to emphasize what the brand wants to introduce, the overall video has a clean quality look to it that holds the viewer’s attention:
- Detailed: With a whiteboard animation video, the details a brand wants to advertise is shown in a way that the viewer pays attention to it. Seeing how it is drawn from scratch and the color of the product can assist the viewer in choosing the brand’s product out of many.
- Engrossing: The entire video will take you on a sensory ride where you can see how the whole video takes shape right in front of your eyes. The audience follows the video from the start to exactly where you want to lead them to.
Whiteboard animation is perfect for any type and purpose of any business. It is a type of animation that taps into our need to know while giving us a fulfilling result at the end of the videos thereby benefitting the organization.
How skilled are you actually? – Cleverclip’s “Road to Perfection”Read More
Save time and money – an explainer video for BLKBRead More
“Innovation at the push of a button”: Cleverclip at the SIF 2019Read More
Let’s set sail – TPL celebrates its 60th anniversaryRead More
“MyNextBigStepy@GF” – An interactive journey for professional developmentRead More