Commitment for more humanity – A project for the SRKRead More
What is Stop Motion?
Advertising a company’s products comes in different forms and services and with the advent of the different types of animations; some businesses may desire to use their products as a selling point for the advertisement of the product itself i.e. letting the product speak for itself. Speaking to the target audience, using the products itself, is a form of direct marketing. This style of marketing has benefits which include; relationship building, increase in sales of a new product or an old/existing product, and showing the appeal of the products to the target audience.
What is Stop Motion?
This is a type of animation in which objects are placed and moved periodically while photographs are taken (at every movement) which eventually simulates the movement of the object when the frames are played. Stop motion is also called stop frame motion which means that a photograph is taken for each movement of an object making a frame.
Stop-frame has been in use for a long period of time in movies, television shows, commercials, and feature films and has been divided into object animation, puppet animation, clay animation, model animation, cutout animation, and pixel animation as described in this extended post on stop frame motion.
Knowing the features that make stop motion admirable will enable a business to decide whether this is the best way to advertise its products or to use other types of animation. These advantages include;
- Boosts brand and image conversions: Looking at a moving video of a product that shows what a product is capable of helps boost a brand’s conversion rate as different facts and uses for the product are brought to life.
- Allows for props: Using props to improve the visibility of a product is all-the-rave in advertising a brand’s product and stop-frame motion allows the use of props to highlight a product in appealing ways showing a brand’s creativity.
- Allows movement in inanimate objects: Most products are inanimate and stop-frame brings it to life by the continuous photography and movement of these products giving it a life of its own.
With the advantages of stop motion compiled with its ability for artistic freedom for the designer, creating a stop motion animation video has its own difficulties. These include;
- Time-consuming: Moving the product an inch and waiting for the perfect quality, high definition picture to be taken can be time-consuming as every inch of movement and any change in the direction of the object has to be photographed to give seamless flow to the end video.
- Large team: For a stop motion video, a large team is needed, from the photographer to the props to the video editors, to bring the entire video to a close. The team employed will also need to have the necessary expertise and this does not come cheap.
- Revisions: Just like in a 2D animation video that uses hand-drawn images, stop motion frame by frame style of animation means that any mistakes made will cause the producers to retake the particular frame to ensure the flow of the object. This can make revising a video a very difficult one if it is even possible.
Stop motion can create some really amazing and totally enjoyable films like Shawn the sheep and Kubo and the two strings drawing the viewer’s attention with their seamless and fresh intake on animation movies.
How skilled are you actually? – Cleverclip’s “Road to Perfection”Read More
Save time and money – an explainer video for BLKBRead More
“Innovation at the push of a button”: Cleverclip at the SIF 2019Read More
Let’s set sail – TPL celebrates its 60th anniversaryRead More
“MyNextBigStepy@GF” – An interactive journey for professional developmentRead More