What is a Product Video?
Examples of Product Videos
The average person watches more than an hour and a half of online video content per day—that’s a ton of potential exposure! Also, YouTube mobile video views grow 100% every year. The data proves that video marketing is the future—don’t let your brand fall behind the curve! Here are a couple of great Product Videos to get you inspired.
The Digital Village Square – For more solidarity and neighbourhood help
The world is interconnected, but what exactly happens on our own doorstep? In the age of digitalization, an app should now bring the neighborhood closer together again. To demonstrate exactly how this works, we have created an explainer video.
Explaining a highly technical topic with a cartoon
How emotion can be used to market packaging material. TPL (Transparent Paper Ltd.) manufactures materials for packaging and is the leading supplier of polyester and nylon films, materials which are sold to packaging manufacturers. TPL has been expanding its range for several years, and wants to demonstrate both its proven and new types of packaging to […]
Product videos for Luminox
The new Luminox product films – from a very interesting perspective. Luminox wanted to give the launch of their new watch models a proper push on social media in a very special way. And so they turned to us for help. They originally wanted classic product videos, but we came up with a completely new […]
What makes a good Product Video?
- Focuses on the problem and solution
- Keeps it short and sweet
- Focuses on one key feature
- Provides information and value
- Can be built into a series of videos when needed
- Finds an interesting angle
- Includes a clear CTA
5 Reasons to use a Product Video
According to Forrester Research’s Dr. James McQuivey, “a minute of video is worth 1.8 million words.” In video format, a message that can’t accurately be captured with simple text can be consolidated into a powerful visual tool that inspires action.
Here are 5 strong reasons why a Product Video should be part of your content strategy.
BUILD TRUST AND CONSUMER CONFIDENCE
It has always been easier to believe someone when they show or prove something is true, rather than simply saying it without any validation.
In addition to building trust with potential customers, product videos can help increase confidence among shoppers.
BRAND AWARENESS AND PRODUCT REACH
A Searchmetrics study states that, “Videos generate on average 3 times as many monthly visitors as other content.”
Simply by having engaging and/or informative videos on your website or other online applications, you allow the potential for 3 times as many viewers – each month!
ENCOURAGE MEASURABLE ACTIONS
According to a Marketing Sherpa study, customers are more likely to take action after viewing a video.
An astonishing statistic from that study states, “viewers are anywhere from 64-85% more likely to buy after watching a product video.”
GIVE YOUR SEO A PUSH
Google loves video which makes video content great for SEO. Having video content on pages can contribute to 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines.
On top of that, Forrester Research states that “it is 50 times easier to achieve a page 1 ranking on Google with a video.”
How do we approach Product Video creation?
As most with most projects where we’re involved, we focus on both message and audience to determine what should be each video’s approach. We are all storytellers. When we take on a project, we come prepared for a fight. It’s a big challenge to take a complex idea and transform it into something that resonates. It’s a difficult process. That’s why we follow a fail-proof process in all our video projects.
1. Creative WorkshopWe begin each project with a thorough briefing: a creative workshop where we examine the topic and target audience and look at all the key questions that need answering. We give the target audience a face by creating a user persona, making it easier to put ourselves in their place and really understand them and their needs. A detailed analysis of the target group is imperative for good information design.
2. Concept ProposalThen we get down to business and our creative thinkers start the hard work. We produce a treatment to present a range of different approaches and styles with which we can explain the topic. We discuss these ideas with the customer, taking feedback as required and moving forward with their preferred ideas.
3. StoryboardingOnce the basic idea is nailed down, our copywriters and visual artists can begin drafting the first storyboard. This helps to visualise the concept and provide an insight into what the finished product will look like. Here, we wait for feedback – and of course, hope we’ve convinced you with our design information expertise.
4. PrototypingWith the storyboard approved, we begin producing a prototype early in the process and test it with people from the target audience to get their reaction and feedback. In this way, we can be sure that we are on the right track, and make adjustments to the design as needed.
5. DeliveryAfter getting as much feedback as possible and perfecting the design, we are ready for delivery. We rely on open dialogue, and it’s important that both sides can provide honest feedback at each step in the process. This is what truly allows us to create a final product that is exactly what our customers and their target audience want.
6. Debrief & CloseWe know that even when phrased as nicely as possible, constructive feedback can be brutal. We’d all much rather be told that our work is flawless, right? However, we know there is no such thing as perfection, and after each project, we always look to see if something could have been done better. This allows us to constantly improve and put new ideas into practice in subsequent projects.
From young startups to large corporations
Special Picks from our Blog on Product Videos
Interactive Videos – a Powerful Marketing Tool
Videos are absolute power tools in content marketing. By using moving visual storytelling, you achieve a much higher engagement of the target group than with static content. However, most of us are only familiar with the play button, eventually we pause the video and maybe (if the content producer was particularly marketing oriented) on an […]
Video Content: Why You Need to Follow This Trend?
Video Marketing as an effective content strategy Competition is increasing across the industry, whereas the consumer’s attention span is decreasing and the daily stimulus satiation is reaching new dimensions. It’s no secret anymore that videos have established themselves in marketing as absolute all-rounders. Nor is it a new trend. However, it is a trend that […]
Product Video For The Perfect Product Launch
Steps for a successful product video Sweatily, you’ve worked your fingers to the bone, your brain’s at peak performance, your financial resources at the very bottom and sleepless nights have been dragging on for months. And now you’re awaiting the big event with joy, excitement and nervousness. No, we are not talking about an arranged […]